Skip to content
NHS logo

Access Talking Therapies

Get Urgent Help

Who we're here to support

We’re here for people aged 16 or over in North Yorkshire, York and Selby who are experiencing mental health crisis or distress.  If you call us about yourself or somebody else who is under 16 years old, we’ll make sure to transfer you to the right support.

You can contact the service for yourself or on behalf someone else. 

We’re commissioned by Tees, Esk, and Wear Valleys NHS Foundation Trust (TEWV) to deliver the Mental Health First Response Service.

How we can help

By dialing NHS 111 and selecting option 2, you’ll be directed to our compassionate Mental Health Advisors for support. 

Our Mental Health Advisors will chat with you to explore your mental health crisis and the support you need. You might talk about what’s happening in your life, how to keep safe in a crisis, or other services that could help. 

If you need more support, our team will transfer your call to your local North Yorkshire, York, and Selby NHS Crisis Team for an assessment from their clinical team. 

If you’re experiencing mental health crisis or distress and need emergency support or medical treatment, or are calling on behalf of someone else who needs urgent help, our team will contact emergency services to arrange immediate support.

Get support

The Mental Health First Response Service offers support by telephone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in North Yorkshire, York and Selby.

Comments, compliments or complaints Learn more

If you have a comment, compliment or complaint about the Mental Health First Response Service, please get in touch. You can forward your complaint to:

Everyturn Mental Health
Governance and Quality Department
2 Esh Plaza
Sir Bobby Robson Way
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE13 9BA

You could also email Your complaint will then be handled by a senior manager.

Read our full concerns and complaints procedure here. 

If you have a comment or complaint about your experience of the support you receive after you are transferred to your local NHS Crisis Team, you should contact TEWV NHS Foundation Trust directly.  Please refer to TEWV’s concerns and complaints procedure here 

Subject access requests Learn more

You have a right to access the information held about you, this is known as a Subject Access Request (SAR).

If you would like access to the data held by TEWV about your mental health care, or that of somebody you’re acting on behalf of, you can make a formal request to access data held by TEWV via their SAR process. 

TEWV’s Requests for Information Procedure can be found here. 

Where your information is held Learn more

For information on how TEWV will use your personal information, you can read their full privacy notice here. 

Our Accreditations

Delivered with