NHS Wirral Talking Therapies is a free and confidential service, available to anyone who is aged 16+ and registered with a GP in the Wirral.
What we can help with
Our NHS Wirral Talking Therapies mental health service can support you if you are experiencing a common mental health problem, such as:
- Low mood or depression
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Social anxiety
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Mental health problems related to long-term health conditions
- Bereavement and loss
- Relationship difficulties
- Family problems
- Body dysmorphia
- Struggles during pregnancy and up to one year after birth, including support for partners
If you would like to learn more about the common mental health issues we can support, please see our How are you feeling? page.
The therapies we offer
Our Wirral service offers a range of talking therapies, counselling, information, and support. Talking therapies can help you to understand and work through difficult feelings and to develop strategies for coping better.
We offer a range of talking therapies, including:
- Guided self-help based on CBT
- Digital CBT
- CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy)
- EMDR (eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing)
- Interpersonal therapy (IPT)
The best therapy will depend on your particular situation.
Our specialist employment advisors can support you if your mental health has been affected by work or vice versa. We can help if you:
- Want to get back into work.
- Have been made redundant.
- Would like support with your job search or finding volunteering or training opportunities.
- Are experiencing other work-related problems.
Our employment support service is available to anyone who is having therapy with NHS Wirral Talking Therapies,
How to make an appointment
If you would like to start counselling or talking therapy with our Wirral service, please fill in our self-referral form now and a member of our friendly patient coordinator team will contact you.
Visit one of our drop-in sessions
At a drop–in, members of our team are on-hand to give information about the service we offer, the types of treatment we provide, and to answer any queries or questions.
Our team can also help you to refer yourself to our service, if that would be useful for you.
Our drop-ins take place as follows:
- Every Wednesday, 9.30am-12.30pm, at Flourish Wellbeing Hub, Victoria Central Hospital, Mill Lane, Wallasey
- Last Monday of the month, 9.00am-12.00pm, at Wirral Change, St Laurence’s School, St Laurence Drive, Birkenhead,
- Last Monday of the month, 12.30-4.30pm, at Tomorrow’s Women, Beckwith Street East, Birkenhead