Purpose of the Role
You will provide transport and one to one assistance for elderly people who are unable to leave their home without assistance due to their age/and or long-term health condition and who would otherwise be isolated.
You may be transporting people for their home to do shopping, attend GP or other health related appointments, clubs, groups or other social events and activities organised by Everyturn Mental Healths Chain Reaction Service.
As a Volunteer Driver you will be responsible for:
- Escorting and assisting people to and from your vehicle to their chosen destination.
- Keeping accurate mileage and other records in accordance with agreed procedures.
As a Volunteer Driver you must have:
- A current, clean driving license and appropriate insurance.
- The ability to assist people to and from your vehicle.
- A willingness to maintain a good understanding of the Highway Code and relevant safety legislation, as required.
- A helpful and caring manner with a friendly disposition.
- Good conversational and listening skills and the ability to know when its appropriate/not appropriate to talk.
- Good timekeeping skills and a flexibility in being available at mutually agreed times.
- A professional attitude and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to keep accurate mileage and other records in accordance with given procedures.
- Access to a telephone.
What you can expect from us:
- Induction and ongoing training and support.
- Regular volunteer network meetings.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses directly associated with the role.
- A chance to make a difference to the lives of otherwise isolated people.
How much time do I need to give to this role?
As a Volunteer Drive your level of commitment can be agreed based on your availability, but we do ask for a minimum of two hours per week.
How to apply:
To request and application form contact Sandra Donkin, Sandra can be contacted by emailing email@example.com or by calling 07912 295873
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which we will cover the cost of.