As an Information Session Volunteer, you will attend and support several events to be held from October through to March 2023 across the Newcastle area.
You will provide up to date information on the support and services available to people who may be struggling with their mental health and wellbeing due to coping with increase pressures brought on by rising costs associated with food, utility bills and other essential items.
You will provide information that supports people to improve their emotional health and wellbeing by helping them to feel less socially isolated, remain connected, feel valued and more confident.
As an Information Session Volunteer, you will be responsible for:
- Helping us to deliver informative and engaging information sessions to make people aware of the support available from Everyturn Mental Health.
- Signposting people to appropriate services for ongoing support
- Helping to prepare for and set up information sessions across the Newcastle area.
- Meeting and greeting people to make them feel at ease and navigating them to the relevant staff member for further information and support
- Keeping a log of people who attend information sessions
- Attending quarterly volunteer network meetings.
As an Information Session Volunteer, you must be:
- Enthusiastic, approachable and personable
- Able to learn and communicate information about our services in a way that is easily understood
- Flexible in being available at mutually agreed times with good timekeeping skills.
- Able to maintain confidentiality, accurate record keeping skills, keeping a log of people who attend information sessions
What you can expect from us:
- Induction and ongoing training and support.
- Regular volunteer network meetings.
- A chance to make a difference to the lives of people who may struggling
How much time do I need to give to this role?
As an Information Session Volunteer your level of commitment can be agreed based on your availability, but we do ask for a minimum of two to three hours per month.
How to apply
To request and application form contact Sandra Donkin, Sandra can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 07912 295873
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure, which we will cover the cost of.