Thursday 19 May marks the launch of a search for local Wellbeing Heroes, who are to be honoured at the Calderdale Wellbeing Heroes Awards ceremony on 10 October 2016. The ceremony is to be hosted by Everyturn, in celebration of World Mental Health Day.
Is there someone in your life who helped you in your time of need? Someone who encourages you to do the things that are good for you, reminds you that you are not alone, or listens to you when you need them to? Wellbeing Heroes Awards wants your nomination!
You can nominate someone who has helped you in any way, no matter how big or small. It could be a family member, friend, colleague, or a professional who has made a difference to your wellbeing. Winners will receive an award and prizes during the ceremony in October.
The Calderdale Wellbeing Heroes Awards will take place to mark World Mental Health Day, which is celebrated on 10 October each year. Nomination forms can be collected from Everyturn’s Calderdale service or downloaded here: Wellbeing Hero Nomination Form (doc, 84kB). The closing date for nominations is Friday 29 July 2016. More information about the event will be released nearer the time.
Everyone goes through difficult times and sometimes our problems affect our day-to-day lives and we feel that we can’t cope. Each year, nearly a quarter of us have difficulties with common psychological problems such as anxiety, low mood, low self-esteem, stress, trauma, phobias, and anger, as well as problems with regards to relationships, work, or debt. If you are in this situation, you are not alone.
Everyturn provides free and confidential NHS talking therapy services across the country. These therapies can help you understand what is happening to you, help you work through your difficult feelings, and develop strategies for coping better. Calderdale’s service is available to anyone who is aged 18 or over and registered with a Calderdale GP.
NOTES FOR EDITORS
- For further information about the Calderdale Wellbeing Heroes Awards, please contact Linsay Denton at email@example.com or 0300 555 0191.
- Everyturn, part of Concern Group, is a national not-for-profit organisation, providing free talking therapies services on behalf of the NHS. These services are delivered as part of the national IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) programme.
- People can self-refer to the Calderdale talking therapies service on Everyturn’s website, at everyturn.org. The service is based at 15-17 Carlton Street, Halifax, HX1 2AL.
- 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year.
- World Mental Health Day, hosted by the World Federation of Mental Health, is celebrated annually on 10 October.